Tuesday 19 January 2016

All this baby babble

A typical day in my life finds me on the phone to my mother at least once, let me elaborate, a minimum of once! The distance between means nothing when we're constantly on the phone, although meet up's and dinner dates are left for special occasions. 

So today during a typical chit chat and small talk about the weather and work and life, she brings up (wait for it) babies, pregnancy, marriage and of course my biological clock which (as per my last post) is apparently working overtime. 

"Just take the plunge", she said

As we discussed my meltdown (see the last post about the Jeep) I found myself listening to a woman who, for the lack of better judgement encouraged me to terminate a teenage pregnancy, now tell me to just have a baby. You know, just have one and not think about the consequences. 

Now my mom has always been my role model, but this left me feeling quite stumped. Should I be praising her for the sound advice or should I be mad at the irresponsibility of the notion. 

Everything is about babies these days. The kids and I went to go see a puppy and when I told them I had a surprise, the eldest says, "I hope it's a baby sister." 

Then last week I went to a client who asked if I was pregnant, I assured her that my IBS was in full force that day. 

Following that it's just been one thing after the next, the children can't stop hugging and kissing me and people keep joking with me that it's time for me to get married and have kids. 

So is this a societal pressure or perhaps the Universe poking fun at me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment