Tuesday 26 April 2016

Nothing changes if nothing changes

Today I went to the school to talk to the teacher about our little boy - he's 7 and he's not coping. It's not that he's intellectually behind, he's just not getting any of it because of his concentration issues. 

Today when I left the school I sobbed, I had been holding back tears throughout our talk with the teacher. I'm tired. I can't believe I've chosen love and in choosing love I've chosen a very hard road. I'm angry with myself. 

Last night we went to a life coach therapist to chat about some helpful tools regarding raising these two boys, my heart is sore. If only they knew how much I care. I don't want recognition, I just want them to be whole.

I guess nothing changes if nothing changes. Finances have been our reason for not seeking professional help until now, but in life we always make a plan and make things work so I've taken the plunge and taken action. 

I've just scheduled the first parents intake meeting with a family counsellor. Hubby and I will go through to chat about what to expect in play therapy for our eldest, whereas the youngest may need a psychologist to assist further due to what he's been exposed re his mother. Today I learned his mother was using Cocaine in the first trimester of both pregnancies, and with that alcohol throughout. That's why I cried, I cry tears for these children who are so messed up because of her choices. 

If you're stuck, do what you can with what you have but take action - No matter how small the steps!

Empower yourself, your family and your partner and build up the support that you need by helping yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment